This is episode 3 of my Continuing Professional Development podcast. It’s all about the capacity of online dispute resolution (ODR) to handle human emotion in the conflict resolution process.
Course Topics for this episode:
- Brief introduction to online dispute resolution (ODR).
- The impacts of emotions on disputes on conflict situations.
- The state of current research and commentary on the capacity for ODR to accommodate human emotion.
- The comparative approaches researchers take to the topic of ODR.
- Purported shortcomings of ODR in addressing emotion.
- The benefits of ODR aside from addressing human emotion.
- Cross disciplinary analysis of technology, emotion and ODR involving human-computer interaction and affective computing.
- Predictions about the future of ODR in relation to dispute resolution and human emotion.
The quiz for this episode is here.
The paper I mention in this episode is now up on CanLII here