This page sets out a start to finish* description of the knowledge engineering process. It will be updated regularly.
Table of Contents
- What do expert systems do?
- How do expert systems reason?
- Chaining Expert System Logic
- Using expert systems to solve complex problems
- Problem identification
- Domain identification
- Subject matter experts
- Defining problems and responses
- General scope determination
- Domain investigation
- Precision scope determination
- Random content generation
- Proto-branch creation
- Knowledge engineering project management
- Collecting expert knowledge
- Using question-based rules to deliver expert knowledge with machines
- The Importance of Answers in Expert Systems
- Additional Supports in Expert System Knowledge Bases
- Patterns for Modelling Expert Knowledge
- Team roles in the knowledge engineering process
- Knowledge engineering tools
- The work phases required to create a working expert system knowledge base
*According to this methodology, the knowledge engineering process never really finishes or ends.